It is estimated that nearly two million people own buy-to-let property across the UK (Resolution Foundation 2019), with property being regarded as a ‘safe-haven’ asset. At 4.7%, the gross yield on residential property across the East of England is attractive.
The city of Peterborough is currently the strongest performer across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire offering a gross yield of 5.6%. In Fenland and Luton, current yields are also above 5%.
Average gross yields on residential property are attractive, with positive rental and house price growth
Strongest housing markets across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire
Property prices across the East of England were 2.6% higher year-on-year as the housing market reopened in June. Fenland is the current top performer in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire region with prices up 5.6% year-on-year. Activity across the market has been brisk. Nationally the average time taken to sell a property fell to 53 days in August, down from 62 days in August 2019. Sensible pricing remains crucial, as correctly priced properties are nearly twice as likely to be sold ‘subject to contract’ within four months of listing than those that have had their asking price reduced. Homes in the East of England are selling, on average, 11 days quicker than a year ago.
Properties for sale in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire
St. Ives, Cambridgeshire, 5 bedrooms
The Limes is a wonderful, detached family home situated within the popular village of Needingworth, only a short distance from the village shop and primary school. This property offers spacious and flexible accommodation throughout and benefits from a beautiful wrap around garden, which further benefits from a double garage with driveway parking for two vehicles.
Wixams, Bedfordshire, 4 bedrooms
Occupying a wonderful quayside position within the sought-after village of Wixams, this family home combines well-proportioned accommodation with a particularly bright and airy disposition. This home benefits from a contemporary kitchen and diner, a separate dining room, a living room with a Juliet balcony and a stunning rear garden.
Harpenden, Hertfordshire, 2 bedrooms
Situated in a stunning central location, accessed from West Common, and bordering Rothamsted Park, sits this superb property, featuring great sized rooms with accommodation arranged over two levels. This delightful home features a spacious living and dining room with a balcony, as well as a front aspect kitchen and breakfast room with delightful views.
Click to see the market reports in other regions:
● Market Report 2020 Autumn South West
● Market Report 2020 Autumn East Midlands
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk (East)
● Market Report 2020 Autumn London
● Market Report 2020 Autumn North East and Yorkshire
● Market Report 2020 Autumn North West and North Wales
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Northern Ireland
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Scotland
● Market Report 2020 Autumn South East Home Counties – Kent and East Sussex
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Southern Home Counties – Surrey and West Sussex
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Southern
● Market Report 2020 Autumn Thames Valley, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire
● Market Report 2020 Autumn West and South Wales
● Market Report 2020 Autumn West Midlands and Wales
If you would like guidance on buying or selling your home with the best agent in your area, find your local Guild Member today.